Wilder mind

May the fourth be with you!!

This is the happiest day of 2015, do you wanna know why?
 WILDER MIND has been fully released.(yay!!) Now this album is very different from Mumford & Sons usual sound but I think they've adapted quite well!

 
The thing I love about this album is that you can tell which member wrote which songs. Like the love songs are obviously (at least i'd hope) Mumford's work considering he just married the star of "the Great Gatsby" Carey Mulligan.

Now, lets talk about the lyrics!

“Wasn’t it you who said I was not free/ And wasn’t it you who said I needed peace/ And now it’s you who’s floored by the fear of it all and it’s all right/ Take it out on me/ It’s all right, take it out on me.” --Broad Shoulder beasts (wtf! how can they put words together so beautifully)

 “I know what’s on your mind/ God knows I put it there,”-- Cold arms 

LIKEE?? I love this band and there beautifully poetic words.


Now I must say their song "believe" was the first they released, which seem to be getting some bad reviews because it is very much a coldplay vibe. I personally think it's just because it's so far from their usual sound and it's a weird adjustment. THAT SAID this song was my least favorite on the album so don't let it give the whole album a bad rep if you did not like it!

I love you mumf!!!

Last note: If you like mumf as much as I do, Other bands I highly recommend are:

Johnny Flynn
Noah and the Whale
Bombay Bicycle Club
Ben Howard

Anyways I better go! Toodles!

-Love Lauren



1 comments:

  1. I really like the sound of the new album! I'm going to check out the others you mentioned!

    xo, Liz
    http://lipstickandconfetti.com

    ReplyDelete

 

Flickr Photostream

Twitter Updates

Meet The Author