The Counting Crows

BACK STORY:

When a young child can't sleep, a parent typically puts them in the car and takes them for a quick drive until they fall into a slumber. 

What if your child HATES the car though? 
My dad's trick was to dance me to sleep every night. Naturally my Dad would never put on some typical children's lullaby, but the indie band of the 90's the counting crows "august and everything after" album  and occasionally a wallflowers album.

I may have been a toddler when he did this but I have a crystal clear memory of being draped over his shoulders while he swayed back and forth to "a long December" in the dark living room. 
(we have established that it will be our father daughter song at my wedding too)  

Anyways that's my little story for the day & too the point of this post!

I went to a Counting Crows concert last week and it was a daze-y dream!

They were funny and Adam Duritz voice is just as magnificent in person as it is recorded! 

I have to say their performance of Mr.Jones was a disappointment because they changed the tempo and it didn't make any sense but whatever. 

OTHER THAN THAT it was flawless and when "a long December" came on I cried like a damn baby!! 




Okay I'll go now! Smell ya latah.

-Love Lauren

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

Flickr Photostream

Twitter Updates

Meet The Author